• Downloads: 65
  • Language: English

Files

• 01 - Levitation.mp3 (13.3 MB)
  • 02 - Motorway City.mp3 (15.5 MB)
  • 03 - Psychosis.mp3 (5.6 MB)
  • 04 - World Of Tiers.mp3 (7.5 MB)
  • 05 - Prelude.mp3 (3.9 MB)
  • 06 - Who's Gonna Win The War.mp3 (10.9 MB)
  • 07 - Space Chase.mp3 (7.3 MB)
  • 08 - The Fifth Second Of Forever.mp3 (7.9 MB)
  • 09 - Dust Of Time.mp3 (14.7 MB)
  • Cover.jpg (50.1 KB)

Description

Year - 1980
    Country - UK
    Genre - Rock
    Type - mp3
    Bitrate - CBR 320kbps
    Length - 37:41
    Source - CD
    Levitation is the tenth studio album by English rock group Hawkwind, released in 1980. It peaked at #21 on the UK Albums Chart.At the time of its release, band leader Dave Brock stated: "with Levitation we’ve come full circle back to the style of our debut album. And that was the record which totally expressed our ideals and what we stood for."[3] It is their first studio album after the departure of lead vocalist and lyricist Robert Calvert, and lyrics here tend to be cursory and the number of instrumentals is increased. It is also the only studio Hawkwind album to feature ex-Cream drummer Ginger Baker and first for ex-Gong keyboardist Tim Blake, who would later return to the band and play on 2010's Blood of the Earth.
    During the recording, Dave Brock became dissatisfied with drummer Simon King's inability to keep consistent time, claiming that "he couldn't play his drums properly 'cos he was taking bad drugs", although King stated "I simply wanted to get away. I was very heavily into drinking... and [after leaving I was] fixed on getting my family life together". They considered using a drum machine that was in the studio, but no one knew how to use it. Guitarist Huw Lloyd-Langton's wife Marion, who was press officer for Ginger Baker's manager Roy Ward's company, suggested approaching the drummer to contribute as a session player. He accepted the offer and completed his tracks in two days, surpassing expectations. Lloyd-Langton observed that "he breezed through ["Space Chase"] straight away. I don't think Simon could have played that... Ginger fitted the band like a glove. His style was just right for it."[4] The band asked the drummer to remain with them, and despite having previously declared to the press his intentions of joining the newly reformed Atomic Rooster, he "found the atmosphere during the sessions so fantastic that I immediately decided to stay with Hawkwind. For me it’s not just my umpteenth group, I’m determined to give it everything I’ve got. Hawkwind always have made timeless music, but you can definitely still hear the eighties in it."
    Side 1 "Levitation" (Dave Brock) – 5:48 "Motorway City" (Brock) – 6:48 "Psychosis" (Harvey Bainbridge) – 2:22 "World of Tiers" (Bainbridge, Huw Lloyd-Langton) – 3:30Side 2 "Prelude" (Tim Blake) – 1:28 "Who's Gonna Win The War" (Brock) – 4:45 "Space Chase" (Lloyd-Langton) – 3:11 "The 5th Second of Forever" (Brock, Lloyd-Langton) – 3:27 "Dust of Time" (Brock, Bainbridge, Lloyd-Langton) – 6:22
    Dave Brock – vocals, electric guitar, keyboards Huw Lloyd-Langton – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals Harvey Bainbridge – bass guitar, keyboards, backing vocals Tim Blake – keyboards, backing vocals Ginger Baker – drums

Download torrent
86.5 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Hawkwind - Levitation (1980) mp3 peaSoup

Trackers

tracker name
http://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce
http://exodus.desync.com:6969/announce
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80