leechers: 0
updated:
Added by TIM47 in TV > Divx/Xvid

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...
  • Downloads: 54
  • Language: English

Files

• Journey to the Unknown [1x01] Eve (divx-eng).avi (702.0 MB)

Description

Journey To The Unknown - Ep.1 EVE

Storyline:

Journey To The Unknown was a British TV anthology series made in 1968, by Hammer Film Productions Ltd. It has a fantasy, science fiction and supernatural theme. It sometimes featured American actors and actresses in the episodes' leading roles, such as Vera Miles, Barbara Bel Geddes, Patty Duke, Carol Lynley, and Brandon De Wilde, along with familiar British actors such as Dennis Waterman, Jane Asher, Nanette Newman and Tom Adams. Seventeen episodes in all were made.

Eight episodes were twinned to make four feature length films with added linking material. The New People and Paper Dolls became Journey into Darkness (1968), hosted by Patrick McGoohan, Poor Butterfly and The Indian Spirit Guide became Journey to Midnight (1968), hosted by Sebastian Cabot, Matakitas Is Coming and The Last Visitor became Journey to the Unknown (1969), hosted by Joan Crawford and Do Me a Favour, Kill Me and The Killing Bottle became Journey to Murder (1971), also hosted by Joan Crawford.

The series had a memorably famous whistled theme tune by Hammer's Harry Robinson and title sequence involving a deserted and apparently haunted Battersea fairground.

Cast:
Cast
Episode cast overview:
Carol Lynley ... Eve
Dennis Waterman ... Albert Baker
Michael Gough ... Royal
Angela Lovell ... Jennifer
Hermione Baddeley ... Mrs. Kass
Peter Howell ... Mr. Miller
Errol John ... George Esmond
Barry Fantoni ... Kim
Barry Linehan ... The Detective
Nicholas Phipps ... Laverly-Smith
Frank Forsyth ... Night Watchman
Elna Pearl ... Girl in Cinema
John Nightingale ... 1st Youth
Marcus Hammond ... 2nd Youth

Albert Baker is a young man who has no luck with girls and works in a dead end job . One day he walks past a mannequin and it appears to come to life . Albert instantly falls in love with her

Along with Girl Of My Dreams this is the one episode of JOURNEY that has burnt itself in to my memory . There is something within the human psyche that when we see disturbs us when we see showroom dummies . They're inanimate objects composed of plastic but are human in appearance , so much so that you do have a genuine fear they will come alive something DOCTOR WHO writer Robert Holmes did with great effect with his stories about the Autons which Russell T Davies reused in the opening story of the resurrection of DOCTOR WHO in 2005

Having a pre fame Dennis Waterman playing the part of Albert does help the episode stick out in the memory but rewatching after a gap of decades you'll notice how richly written and flamboyant the characters are . We have Mr Royal who is a total sleaze and who is going out with a member of staff who is young enough to be his daughter , Mrs Kass a randy landlady and George Esmond a hippy who calls everyone " man " and " baby "

This is a very enjoyable episode of a very enjoyable show and has a enigmatic ending . Of course everyone thinks Albert is deluded but as the haunting final scene shows.... well I don't want to spoil it but it's an interesting twist even though it's unexplained . It's a supernatural show and like the best episodes of JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN it's supernatural in tone

Download torrent
702 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Journey To The Unknown - Ep.1 EVE

Trackers

tracker name
udp://tracker.1337x.org:80/announce
µTorrent compatible trackers list

Download torrent
702 MB
seeders:0