Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...
  • Downloads: 1065
  • Language: English

Files

• 01 - Horse and I.flac (19.2 MB)
  • 02 - Trophy.flac (25.5 MB)
  • 03 - Tahiti.flac (19.6 MB)
  • 04 - What's A Girl To Do.flac (18.4 MB)
  • 05 - Sad Eyes.flac (20.8 MB)
  • 06 - The Wizard.flac (24.4 MB)
  • 07 - Prescilla.flac (22.1 MB)
  • 08 - Bat's Mouth.flac (25.8 MB)
  • 09 - Seal Jubilee.flac (23.9 MB)
  • 10 - Sarah.flac (23.2 MB)
  • 11 - I Saw A Light.flac (27.8 MB)
  • 12 - I'm on Fire.flac (16.8 MB)
  • Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold.log (5.1 KB)
  • Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold.m3u (0.3 KB)
  • Demonoid.com.txt (0.0 KB)
  • Fur and Gold - Flac.cue (1.9 KB)
  • Fur and Gold - Wav.cue (1.8 KB)

Description

Not my rip got it from elsewhere thanks to the original upper.

Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold (2006)

Ripper................: Exact Audio Copy v0.99pb5 (Secure mode) & PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) (Compression Level 8)

This Cd was tested with Tau Analyzer v1.2 and passed with 100% success rate.

Notes

Quote:

Allmusic

Biography by MacKenzie Wilson

Brighton, England's Bat for Lashes is the brainchild of singer/songwriter Natasha Khan. The Pakistan-born Khan pulls from her art school education and her experience producing multimedia installations when it comes to writing songs. She also cites Steve Reich and Susan Hiller as influences, while echoes of Björk and Siouxsie Sioux are heard throughout Bat for Lashes' mystical indie rock sound. Bat for Lashes' first single, "The Wizard," was digitally released by DiS, and issued as a 7" on Khan's own She Bear imprint in early 2006. That fall, with "Trophy" burning up the BBC indie rock chart, the Fur & Gold LP arrived in the U.K. in September. The album was released a year later in the U.S. to much critical acclaim. Bat for Lashes' ambitious 2009 album, Two Suns, revolved around the concept of Khan and her blonde, hedonistic alter ego Pearl, and featured a duet with Scott Walker.

Review by Heather Phares

With Fur & Gold, Bat for Lashes -- aka Natasha Khan -- brings a fairytale quality and air of mystery to her music, performing a delicate balancing act between everyday emotions and the power of fantasy. As the title suggests, there's something gorgeous but raw about her songs, which fly from spare British chamber folk to shades of lavish rock, pop, and dance as she throws herself into stories that update the traditions of other iconic female artists. She's a warrior princess of the moors with only her steed to keep her company on "Horse and I," a song whose dramatic sweep would do Kate Bush proud; on the fable-like sensual duet "Trophy," Khan sings "creatures of mercy/shoot them down and set me free" with Björk-like urgency. Despite Fur & Gold's unabashedly mystical vibe, Khan emphasizes the reality in her magical reality, whether she makes it sound like it's perfectly natural to sing "drink his blood and he's our leader" on "The Wizard," or crafts strong heroines on songs such as "Prescilla"'s urban folk or "Sarah"'s surprising rock. The most remarkable thing -- out of a lot of remarkable things -- about Fur & Gold is the emotional power of Khan's songs. "What's a Girl to Do?" might be decorated with beautifully ghostly girl group beats and harmonies, but the pain of falling out of love is palpable. Best of all is "Sad Eyes," a love song so warm and fragile that the way it cuts to the quick when Khan sings "trying to keep it together/keep my love as light as a feather" is breathtaking. As far flung as these songs can be, they never sound scattered, and only rarely overdone: the thunderstorm-laden ballad "I Saw a Light" is the only moment that feels close to over the top. Fortunately, the final track, a soaring cover of Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" that shows off Khan's vulnerable, old soul voice to its finest, more than compensates. This is a vivid, accomplished, transporting debut.

Wikipedia

Fur and Gold is the debut album by English solo artist Bat for Lashes, released in 2006. It was released to critical acclaim and was nominated for the 2007 Mercury Prize. In 2007, the album was re-released through Parlophone with the addition of a cover of the Bruce Springsteen song "I'm on Fire." Fur and Gold contains the singles "The Wizard," "Trophy," "Prescilla," and "What's a Girl to Do?" In 2008, "What's a Girl to Do?" was re-released as a 12" with a remix featuring Scroobius Pip and Plaid.

BBC Review

"Natasha sings of forbidden desire, sinister dreams and magical kingdoms."

Dan Tallis 2006-09-18

Bat For Lashes is the creation of Natasha Khan, a Pakistan-born, Brighton based songwriter. Her concept for Fur And Gold was to make something that started at dusk and finished up in the glorious sunlight. That gives you an idea of what this ethereal, cinematic, fantastical album sounds like.

Natasha's soaring howls, whispers and joyous singing are the main focus here. As beguiling as Bjork, as stunning as Sinead O'Connor and as dramatic as Kate Bush, it is her voice that dominates. The often minimal backdrop of haunting strings, unusual percussive instruments and drum machines provides the perfect accompaniment.

"What's A Girl To Do?" with its dreamy vocals and dramatic bassline is a highlight while "Prescilla" has a magical uplifting quality. What sets Bats For Lashes apart from the usual crop of indie bands is the originality of the songwriting. With its lyrical roots in fairy tales and nursery rhymes, Khan sings of forbidden desire, sinister dreams and magical kingdoms.

Mature gothic sounds for those willing to be whisked off to beautiful faraway lands.

Track List

01. Horse and I (3:05)
02. Trophy (4:01)
03. Tahiti (3:39)
04. What's a Girl to Do? (2:59)
05. Sad Eyes (4:16)
06. The Wizard (4:17)
07. Prescilla (3:34)
08. Bat's Mouth (4:25)
09. Seal Jubilee (4:44)
10. Sarah (3:57)
11. I Saw a Light (6:24)